Powder Metallurgy vs Metal Injection Mold
|POWDER METALLUGRY||METAL INJECTION MOLDING (MIM)|
|50-100pm||Powdered Particle Size||2-15pm|
|92% (Max)||Relative Density||>95-99%|
|2-20mm||Wall Thickness||0.30 -10mm|
Choosing Between Powder Metal and MIM:
- MIM is excellent for complex shapes
- MIM requires high temperatures to sinter
- MIM parts go through approximately 25% shrinkage
- MIM is expensive
Powder Metallurgy Basics:
- Begin with blending or mixing specific types of metal powders and lubricants.
- Place the mix in a die to create a certain shape.
- Use a press to compact the metal powder tightly.
- Sinter the compressed part in a furnace to form metallurgical bonds in the metal powder.
More Information: www.paoyuebrands.com